Analytica Laboratories began developing innovative testing solutions in 2011, building on decades of prior experience that the founders had in commercial testing, research, and science based business. Today, our strong team of over 150 technical and operational staff use world class equipment to deliver testing services that are faster, better, and cheaper than those available from other laboratories, with customer service that is widely regarded as being the best in the industry.
Our laboratory network is centred on our main facility in Hamilton (NZ) with regional laboratories in Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin.
Initially Analytica’s focus was on providing commercial R&D services. Over the 2013-2015 period we responded to urgent needs in the NZ dairy and honey industries, building a range of innovative new testing services which position Analytica as a leading testing supplier to these industries. Since 2016, Analytica has added environmental and occupational hygiene (methamphetamine and asbestos) testing.
We continue to find ways of supporting customers in new markets, and welcome the opportunity to discuss this with them. Our testing services typically offer radical improvements in speed, price, or service that transform the industries we are involved with.
We are ISO 17025 accredited by IANZ - our current scope of accreditation is always available on the IANZ website. This means that we are independently assessed to have skilled staff, using robust testing methods, to deliver results you can trust. We are also a part of the MPI Recognised Laboratory Programme, meaning our testing of honey and milk is used to verify the quality of goods being exported from New Zealand.
Analytica is a wholly owned part of the HRL Holdings (ASX:HRL) group of companies, offering analytical testing and related services across Australasia.
The markets we service at present include:
- Dairy – our expertise includes residues, trace elements, and specialised protein analysis (such as beta-casein). We partner with MilktestNZ to offer a wide range of services for liquid milk and manufactured dairy products, including the Food Lab Pacific joint venture which was established in 2019. Our investment in CAIQTEST (Pacific) allows us to provide dairy testing that is specific to the Chinese market.
- Honey - authenticity, quality, and safety of honey, with a particular expertise in analysis of manuka honey as well as R&D relevant to the changing needs of the industry.
- Timber - in partnership with IVS Laboratories, we verify the successful preservation treatment of timber and engineered wood products.
- Environmental - testing of soil, water, and air samples for a wide range of organic and inorganic contaminants.
- Occupational Hygiene – a range of tests useful for those interested in verifying that homes and workplaces are safe to live and/or work in
- Heavy Metals (lead and mercury) on surface swabs or in paint flakes.
- Asbestos - presence/absence and quantification of asbestos in bulk materials, air filters, and soils in line with relevant industry standards.
- Methamphetamine - analysis of surface swabs for methamphetamine and precursors as per NIOSH 9111.
- Commercial Research & Development - we apply metabolomics, proteomics, and general chemistry to assist leading food, health, and environmental organisations develop valuable new knowledge.